Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for three Engineering students for 2019 summer internships. The intern will be responsible for assisting in either the operations or reliability group in any way needed to accomplish technical tasks and to provide support to the facility as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
- Ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Field check and verify P&ID’s for accuracy in the plant
- Creating a new P&ID from field walk downs, measurements and review
- Reviewing technical documents such as P&ID’s, piping isometric drawings, area plot plans, specifications, process flow diagrams or mechanical drawings
- Review document transmittals from engineering firms to find discrepancies or non-compliance with IFCo standards
- Assist staff engineers with larger projects and help with documentation
- Project Management for small projects
- Process data collection and reporting
- Assist with pressure and catalyst surveys where needed
- Development of projects based on operational needs and process optimization
- Conduct safety observations and reviews in the plant
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Ability to climb straight ladders.
- Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Confined space entry may be required.
- Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
- Industrial chemical plant environment.
- Noise levels may require hearing protection.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Actively enrolled, finishing sophomore year or higher grade level, and pursuing a B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (min. 3.0 GPA)
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to work with little supervision and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment and have the flexibility to perform a variety of duties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather complex information
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality requirements of company data
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Engineering Intern
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager or Reliability Superintendent
Department: Operations or Reliability
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.