Fixed Equipment Asset Integrity Inspector
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a Fixed Equipment Asset Integrity Inspector to join our Engineering team in Wever, Iowa. This individual will assist in establishing and developing the Mechanical Integrity Program for plant compliance and inspection of fixed equipment. They will work in conjunction with the Fixed Equipment Specialist and Engineers to provide expertise for the design, rerating, troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of the plant’s fixed equipment. This role is responsible for leading planning, analyzing and supervising inspection work scopes and projects for pressure systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
- Provide fixed equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.) and piping technical support for multiple units within the plant.
- Lead implementation of a fixed equipment and piping inspection and mechanical integrity program across units within the plant.
- Proactive site reliability improvement efforts.
- Identify and leverage best practices.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Inspect and verify work of contractors for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Observe, test and report on construction/repair materials and fabrication methods.
- Prepare written reports of inspections and communicate to management.
- Prepare and implement inspection scope of work.
- Analysis of inspection data and coordination of inspection reporting meetings.
- Maintain PCMS inspection database and records.
- Utilize SAP for writing work requests, purchase requests, and equipment information.
- Scope and track projects and inspection work costs.
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required.
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
- Ability to climb straight ladders.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Confined space entry required.
- Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
- Wearing hearing protection as required, due high noise levels.
- Working in heavy industrial chemical plant environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Technical Degree in Inspection or another technical field is desired.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Fertilizer manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Certified in API 510, 570 and 653, (Nace and CWI a plus).
- Expertise in applying NDE (UT, PT, MT, RT) and advanced NDE techniques.
- Knowledge of Welding WPS, PQR’s and testing.
- This individual shall possess a sound knowledge of fixed equipment as well as a knowledge of inspection activities/techniques.
- Use of PCMS corrosion database software is desired.
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, ISO and Corrosion Control Diagrams.
- Experience in writing procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated technical leadership related to fixed equipment and piping.
- Knowledge of risk-based inspection software programs and best practices
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Be able to work independently (while still possessing good team work ability).
- Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
- Ability to work and make decisions in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Provide attention to detail and ability to produce results.
- Ability to interact with team members and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Fixed Equipment Asset Integrity Inspector
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Fixed Equipment Specialist/Chief Inspector
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.