Fixed Equipment Specialist
Iowa Fertilizer Company seeks those who are looking for a challenging career at a large, new facility that is changing the face of the fertilizer business in the Midwest. The selected candidate will grow their career with us as we grow our business. Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is currently seeking a Reliability Fixed Equipment/Inspections Specialist to become part of our organization at our location in Wever, Iowa.
The Reliability Fixed Equipment/Inspections Specialist primary responsibility is to establish and lead the Mechanical Integrity Program for plant compliance and inspection of fixed equipment. To work in conjunction with Reliability Fixed Equipment Engineers to provide expertise for the design, rerating, troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of the plant’s fixed equipment. This role is responsible for leading planning, analyzing and supervising inspection work scopes and projects for pressure systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Provide fixed equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.) and piping technical support for multiple sites within the plant
- Lead implementation of a fixed equipment and piping inspection and mechanical integrity program across multiple areas within the plant
- Proactive site reliability improvement efforts
- Identify and leverage best practices
- Facilitate knowledge sharing
- Inspect and verify work of assigned employees and contractors for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications
- Observe, test and report on construction/repair materials and fabrication methods
- Prepare written reports of inspections and communicate to management
- Prepare and implement inspection scope of work
- Analysis of inspection data and coordination of inspection reporting meetings
- Maintain PCMS inspection database and records
- Utilize SAP for writing work requests, purchase requests, and creating BOMs and PMs
- Scope and track projects and inspection work costs
- Identify critical spare parts
- Certified in API 510, 570 and 653, (Nace and CWI a plus)
- Knowledge of welding & repair techniques
- Knowledge of Welding WPS, PQR’s and testing
- Expertise in applying NDE (UT, PT, MT, RT) and advanced NDE techniques
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and materials
- Experience in writing procedures and policies
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, ISO and Corrosion Control Diagrams
- Ability to climb straight ladders
- Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs
- Confined space entry required
- Wearing a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties
- Industrial chemical plant environment
- Noise levels may require hearing protection
- All other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical field
- Minimum of 5 years, experience working in chemical industry or other industrial manufacturing. Fertilizer manufacturing experience is a plus
- This individual shall possess a sound knowledge of fixed equipment as well as a knowledge of inspection activities/techniques
- Be able to work independently (while still processing good team working ability)
- Demonstrate your competence in plant and equipment inspection
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Use of PCMS corrosion database software is a plus
- Ability to gather and evaluate complex information
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Good knowledge of damage mechanisms in the fertilizer industry or chemical plant
- General knowledge of materials, welding and inspection practices
- Demonstrate technical leadership related to fixed equipment and piping
- Knowledge of the general operation and function of fixed equipment used in the fertilizer industry
- Knowledge of risk-based inspection software programs and best practices
- Enthusiastic and team focused
- Experience in a chemical plant environment is a plus
- Ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Self-functional and able to operate with minimal direction
A valid driver’s license is required.
IFCo offers a competitive wage based on education and professional experience.
Iowa Fertilizer offers a comprehensive first-class benefits package. These benefit plans provide a wide range of benefits and protection for the employees and their families. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage upon hire. Iowa Fertilizer also offers a 401(k) program with a company matching benefit. Full-time employees of Iowa Fertilizer receive 9 paid holidays and PTO.
Title: Reliability Fixed Equipment/Inspections Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Lead Reliability Engineer
Department: Reliability and Maintenance
Location: Wever, Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
Iowa Fertilizer Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands-based OCI N.V., a global leader in nitrogen fertilizer production. OCI N.V. has an international fertilizer distribution platform spanning from the Americas to Asia.
Nitrogen fertilizer accounts for about 60 percent of global fertilizer use, so the output of the Iowa Fertilizer plant will drastically reduce U.S. dependence on imported fertilizer. In addition, a domestic fertilizer source will save farmers across the country millions of dollars annually.
OCI N.V. is a global producer of natural gas-based chemicals based in the Netherlands. The Chemicals segment produces nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other natural gas-based products, serving agricultural and industrial customers from the Americas to Asia. We rank among the world’s largest nitrogen fertilizer producers with current production capacity of nearly 7 million metric tons in the Netherlands, the United States, Egypt and Algeria. We are also the largest merchant methanol producer in the United States. OCI N.V. employs more than 75,000 people in 35 countries and is listed on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required.
Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.