IFCO is looking for a Loader Operator to join our Ammonia, UREA, UAN, Nitric Acid & Utilities Operations team in Wever, Iowa. This individual will be responsible for product loading and storage operations. The assigned work is outdoors in all types of weather conditions. The Loader Operator works 12 hour shifts on a 4-4-4 rotation, which consists of 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Work outdoors for 12-hour shifts in all types of weather conditions wearing personal protective equipment.
- Work extended hours and difficult schedules (nights, days, holidays, unexpected overtime).
- Fill in for employees who do not report to assigned work area (possibly on short notice).
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the storage and loading area.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and environmental policies to ensure safe and efficient work practices.
- Communicate with supervisors immediately in case of any abnormalities noticed or process deviation noticed to ensure that accurate loading and storage procedures are followed.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments for smooth running of the plant.
- Assist Supervisors in mentoring and coaching new Loader Operators.
- Function effectively in a technologically driven environment.
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Ability to climb straight ladders.
- Some work may require heights in excess of 100 feet.
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50lbs continuously for 12 hours or more.
- Enter and work in confined spaces when required.
- Wear a respirator when/where required to perform inspections/job duties.
- Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus and possible level A chemical suit when required.
- Wear hearing protection within high level noise areas as required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. Ensure HR always has a copy of a current, valid license on file.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Ability to operate automated operating systems.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment (preferably a pay loader).
- Knowledge in local, state and federal environmental regulations a plus.
- Fertilizer experience a plus.
- Ability to work with little supervision and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have the flexibility to perform a variety of duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high stress environment.
- Provide attention to detail and ability to produce results.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and lead by example.
Title: Loader Operator
Reports to: Operations Shift Supervisor
Location: Wever Iowa (Burlington, IA area)
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required.
Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.