SAP Business Analyst
SAP Business Analyst
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for an SAP Business Analyst to join our Information Technology (IT) team in Sioux City, Iowa. This individual is accountable and responsible for developing and supporting the SAP ERP applications for our North American operations. This includes day-to-day operations, project implementations, and internal/external resource planning for the underlying application development and support. This position directly supports our Sales and Distribution (SD) function within the SAP ERP environment. The SAP Business Analyst will join the SAP support team, reporting to the IT/SAP Manager, to provide overall leadership and support of the ERP business processes.
Primary objectives will include: SAP leadership and training plans; SAP strategic direction; policies and procedures; analysis and reporting; adherence to internal controls; and system outage/maintenance coordination. This role will interface with IFCo Management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and IT/SAP team members; as well as external SAP contractors. This position will serve a key role on our SAP Governance Council, providing guidance regarding Best Practices and Internal Controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Provide knowledge and guidance of how SAP technology can be leveraged to improve the company’s operations.
- Overall management of the enterprise systems within the areas of order to cash, including sales order processing, EDI, GATP, pricing, customer-related master data maintenance, billing, rebates, and sales tax.
- Influence business process changes and application architecture decisions.
- Lead design reviews with third-party SAP vendor configuration partners.
- Lead internal and external resources during the design, configuration, testing and deployment of ERP capabilities.
- Configure and maintain settings in SAP or approve these actions when performed by vendor partners.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of technical solutions that meet business user requirements.
- Interface with other IT disciplines to successfully complete implementations.
- Document applicable business processes and develop detailed functional specifications for solutions in SAP modules and perform functional unit testing.
- Assist in review & execution of test scripts and participate in integration testing with appropriate end-users and technical groups including third-party SAP vendor configuration partners.
- Promote comprehensive knowledge transfer of SAP skills to team members and/or business users.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. Always ensure HR has a copy of a current, valid license on file.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field; or a combination of related experience and education.
Experience and Qualifications
- Good interpersonal skills to interface and maintain a positive attitude with employees at all levels in a professional and helpful manner. Consult appropriate parties (associates, users/technical groups, consultants) accordingly when resolving issues. Communicate frequently, effectively and precisely (“to the point”); but always with a solution orientation.
- Minimum of 5 years of SAP key user experience with hands on technical roles.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP modules for Sales and Distribution (SD).
- Must be able to monitor and maintain SAP and its ancillary systems and provide reports as needed.
- Understanding of SAP IDOC processing and clearing.
- Be able to work with other technical staff to identify and resolve SAP system related issues.
- Experienced in managing related risks of implementing SAP projects, including assessing the consequences of SAP decisions/actions to the business and internal controls of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills with a focus on details, accuracy and report development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced, high- pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. MS Access a plus.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required.
Title: SAP Business Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: IT/SAP Manager
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Iowa Fertilizer Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands-based OCI N.V., a global leader in nitrogen fertilizer production as well as an engineering and construction contractor. OCI N.V. has an international fertilizer distribution platform spanning from the Americas to Asia.
Nitrogen fertilizer accounts for about 60 percent of global fertilizer use, so the output of the Iowa Fertilizer plant will drastically reduce U.S. dependence on imported fertilizer. In addition, a domestic fertilizer source will save farmers across the country millions of dollars annually.
OCI N.V. is a global producer of natural gas-based chemicals and an engineering & construction contractor based in the Netherlands. The Chemicals segment produces nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other natural gas-based products, serving agricultural and industrial customers from the Americas to Asia. We rank among the world’s largest nitrogen fertilizer producers with current production capacity of nearly 7 million metric tons in the Netherlands, the United States, Egypt and Algeria. We are also the largest merchant methanol producer in the United States. OCI N.V. employs more than 75,000 people in 35 countries and is listed on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required.
Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.