SAP Business Analyst (Houston, Texas or Iowa Location Options)
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for an SAP Business Analyst to join our Information Technology (IT) team. Location options include Houston, Texas; Sioux City, Iowa; Wever, Iowa; or Urbandale, Iowa. This individual is accountable and responsible for developing and supporting the SAP ERP applications for our North American operations. This includes day-to-day operations, project implementations, security and internal/external resource planning for the underlying application development and support. This position directly supports our financial and sales functions within the SAP ERP environment.
The SAP Business Analyst will join the SAP support team, reporting to the IT/SAP Manager, to provide overall leadership and direction of the ERP business modules. The ideal candidate should have a broad range of experience with the various SAP ERP business processes but must have considerable direct experience in the FI and CO modules.
Primary objectives will include: SAP-users leadership and training plans; SAP strategic direction; policies and procedures; analysis and reporting; adherence to internal controls; and system outage/maintenance coordination. This role will interface with IFCo Management, Finance, Procurement, Sales and Marketing, Document Control, and IT/SAP team members; as well as external SAP contractors. This position will serve a key role on our SAP Governance Council, providing guidance regarding Best Practices and Internal Controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Project Management:
- Provide leadership, direction and issue resolutions to end-user community regarding business processes, data, enhancements, interfaces, and acquisitions.
- Provide solutions, directions, and options where business requirements misalign with systems operations and functionality.
- Manage multiple issues and projects, both increasing in impact to the business and complexity to satisfy the business requirements.
- Provide guidance, understanding, and recommendations to the business user-community.
- Contribute to the overall success of a planned migration to SAP S4 HANA Platform leveraging best practices.
- Application Support:
- Drive Best Practices to ensure cost effective solutions to business needs.
- Provide stable, intelligent management and assertive direction to the SAP Governance Team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment where the business managers and community look to IT for direction and solutions.
- Follow IT standards, documentation, development methodologies as related to support and development activities including preparation of required documents and test scripts.
- Work with the IT project teams in the analysis of the required business processes.
- Insure the integration and coordination of all the various project teams and functional IT group’s issues and solutions to minimize resource misdirection, conflicting functionalities, and system/functional downtimes.
- Organize training on SAP for new employees and refresher/detailed training for appropriate personnel.
- Provide knowledge and guidance of how SAP technology can be leveraged to improve the company’s operations.
- Promote comprehensive knowledge transfer of SAP skills to team members and/or business users.
- Influence business process changes and application architecture decisions.
- Lead internal and external resources during the design, configuration, development, testing and deployment of ERP capabilities.
- Configure and maintain settings in SAP or approve these actions when performed by vendor partners.
- Implement well documented solutions via system configurations or ABAP development.
- Coordinate design and implementation of technical solutions that meet business users’ requirements.
- Interface with other IT disciplines to successfully complete implementations.
- Document applicable business processes and develop detailed functional specifications for solutions in SAP modules and perform functional unit testing.
- Assist in review & execution of test scripts and participate in integration testing with appropriate end-users and technical groups including third-party SAP vendor configuration partners.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Bending, kneeling, lifting up to 25lbs.
- Noise levels may require hearing protection.
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. Always ensure HR has a copy of a current, valid license on file.
Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field; or a combination of related experience and education.
Experience and Qualifications
- Good interpersonal skills to interface and maintain a positive attitude with employees at all levels in a professional and helpful manner. Consult appropriate parties (associates, technical user groups, consultants) accordingly when resolving issues. Communicate frequently, effectively and precisely (“to the point”); but always with a solution orientation.
- Minimum of 5 years of SAP Key User experience with hands on technical roles.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP modules for Sales and Distribution (SD).
- Must be able to monitor and maintain SAP and its ancillary systems and provide reports as needed.
- Understanding of SAP IDOC processing and clearing.
- Be able to work with other technical staff to identify and resolve SAP System related issues.
- Experienced in managing related risks of implementing SAP projects, including assessing the consequences of SAP decisions/actions to the business and internal controls of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills with a focus on details, accuracy and report development.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced, high- pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. MS Access a plus.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required.
Title: SAP Business Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: IT/SAP Manager
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location Options: Sioux City, Iowa; Wever, Iowa; Urbandale, Iowa; or Houston, TX
Iowa Fertilizer Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands-based OCI N.V., a global leader in nitrogen fertilizer production as well as an engineering and construction contractor. OCI N.V. has an international fertilizer distribution platform spanning from the Americas to Asia.
Nitrogen fertilizer accounts for about 60 percent of global fertilizer use, so the output of the Iowa Fertilizer plant will drastically reduce U.S. dependence on imported fertilizer. In addition, a domestic fertilizer source will save farmers across the country millions of dollars annually.
OCI N.V. is a global producer of natural gas-based chemicals and an engineering & construction contractor based in the Netherlands. The Chemicals segment produces nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other natural gas-based products, serving agricultural and industrial customers from the Americas to Asia. We rank among the world’s largest nitrogen fertilizer producers with current production capacity of nearly 7 million metric tons in the Netherlands, the United States, Egypt and Algeria. We are also the largest merchant methanol producer in the United States. OCI N.V. employs more than 75,000 people in 35 countries and is listed on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam.
Iowa Fertilizer offers a comprehensive first-class benefits package. These benefit plans provide a wide range of benefits and protection for the employees and their families. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage upon hire. Iowa Fertilizer also offers a 401(k) program with a company matching benefit. Full-time employees of Iowa Fertilizer receive 9 paid holidays and PTO.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required.
Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.