SAP Security Specialist
SAP Security Specialist
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for an SAP Security Specialist to join our Information Technology (IT) team in Des Moines, Iowa. This individual is accountable and responsible for developing and supporting the SAP security authorizations for our North American SAP ERP environment. This includes day-to-day operations, project implementations, and planning. The SAP Security Specialist will join the SAP support team, reporting to the IT/SAP Manager, to provide overall leadership and support of the ERP business processes.
Primary objectives will include: SAP security administration; development and administration of SOD free roles that enable safe and secure operations of our SAP environment. Provide guidance and input regarding SAP strategic direction; policies and procedures; analysis and reporting; adherence to internal controls; and system outage/maintenance coordination. The role will interface with IFCo Management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, IT/SAP team members; as well as external SAP contractors. This position will serve a key role on our SAP Governance Council, providing guidance regarding Best Practices and Internal Controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Ongoing implementation and assessment of controls as it pertains to the SAP application suite.
- Interface with users and team members on projects involving SDLC for the SAP environment, including product implementation and configuration solutions.
- Review security authorizations, assess SOD violations, define SOD free roles, and manage the SAP security environment.
- Implementation of SAP GRC module or other GRC applications and technologies.
- Manage large engagements that involve facilitating with staff and managers as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, and segregation of duties as it relates to SAP product optimization, implementation and/or configurations.
- Utilization of SAP GRC modules to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization.
- Identify key risks and controls based on knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, as well as configuration of controls around security, business processes, and within the SAP GRC modules.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. Always ensure HR has a copy of a current, valid license on file.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field; or a combination of related experience and education.
Experience and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interface and maintain a positive attitude with employees at all levels in a professional and helpful manner. Consult appropriate parties (associates, users/technical groups, consultants) accordingly when resolving issues. Communicate frequently, effectively and precisely (“to the point”); but, always with a solution orientation.
- At least 3 years hands on experience with SAP security functions and at least 2 years using SAP GRC modules.
- Minimum of 5 years of SAP key user experience with hands on technical roles.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and assessing controls as it pertains to the SAP application suite.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP authorizations management with and without the use of GRC.
- Strong experience managing large engagements that involve facilitating with staff and managers as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, and segregation of duties as it relates to SAP product optimization, implementation and/or configurations.
- Must be able to monitor and maintain SAP authorizations; as well as access and provide reports as needed.
- Be able to work with other technical staff to identify and resolve SAP system related issues.
- Experience in managing related risks of implementing SAP projects, including assessing the consequences of SAP decisions/actions to the business and internal controls of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, project management, and analytical skills with a focus on details, accuracy and report development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced, high- pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. MS Access a plus.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Domestic and International travel by airplane may be required.
Title: SAP Security Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: IT/SAP Manager
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Iowa Fertilizer Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands-based OCI N.V., a global leader in nitrogen fertilizer production as well as an engineering and construction contractor. OCI N.V. has an international fertilizer distribution platform spanning from the Americas to Asia.
Nitrogen fertilizer accounts for about 60 percent of global fertilizer use, so the output of the Iowa Fertilizer plant will drastically reduce U.S. dependence on imported fertilizer. In addition, a domestic fertilizer source will save farmers across the country millions of dollars annually.
OCI N.V. is a global producer of natural gas-based chemicals and an engineering & construction contractor based in the Netherlands. The Chemicals segment produces nitrogen fertilizers, methanol and other natural gas-based products, serving agricultural and industrial customers from the Americas to Asia. We rank among the world’s largest nitrogen fertilizer producers with current production capacity of nearly 7 million metric tons in the Netherlands, the United States, Egypt and Algeria. We are also the largest merchant methanol producer in the United States. OCI N.V. employs more than 75,000 people in 35 countries and is listed on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required.
Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.