Senior Accountant, Des Moines
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team in Des Moines, Iowa. The senior accounting role is responsible for assisting with month-end close, various balance sheet reconciliations, compiling data for external and internal audits, prepayment contract tracking, various tax filings, and financial analysis and reporting. This role will help ensure that accounting procedures are followed, and accuracy is maintained in the recording of revenue and expenses for the Iowa Fertilizer organization. In addition, this role will provide support in financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
- Various month-end close responsibilities, including journal entries, reporting, and trend analysis
- Assistance in preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Compiling data for external and internal audits, including assistance with preparation of PBC reports
- Prepayment contract tracking and reporting
- Assistance with intercompany balancing
- Assistance with lease accounting
- Various state tax and regulatory filings
- Financial modeling, spreadsheet development, and financial analysis
- Review of outstanding items in goods receipt / invoice receipt account; resolution of any outstanding issues
- Assist with monthly and quarterly internal reporting
- Assist with documenting and implementing company policies and procedures
- Assist with evaluation and monitoring of internal control effectiveness
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting of P&L, balance sheet and cash flows
- Assist with providing information to management to assist in decision making
- Keep the finance team informed of any issues
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as in individual projects
- Occasional travel to Wever, IA
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Motor coordination and finger dexterity required to manipulate calculator
- Office environment, use of computers and keyboards is frequent
- Ability to handle high levels of stress
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 25lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and evaluate complex information.
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience and Qualifications
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Public Accounting experience and CPA certification and/or MBA a plus
- SAP experience required
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within accounting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must
- Self-motivated, able to perform with minimal supervision, results oriented
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Finance Controller
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.