Senior Financial Analyst
Iowa Fertilizer Company (IFCo) is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team in Des Moines, Iowa. The senior financial analyst role is responsible for development and updating of financial models and providing management information for cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis. Other duties include monitoring of production and sales volumes, daily cash balancing, and assisting with month-end close such as reviewing monthly actual financial information for variances, accuracy and completeness. This role will also analyze the flow of manufacturing expenses at our manufacturing facility at Wever, Iowa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At a minimum, tasks will include:
- Track and report month-end financials in multiple deliverables to corporate
- Financial modeling, spreadsheet development and analysis of pricing, budgeting and cash flow scenarios
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting of P&L, balance sheet and cash flows
- Assist with providing information to management to assist in decision making
- Perform daily tracking of production, sales and inventory volumes
- Assist with monthly and quarterly internal reporting, such as compiling monthly financial presentations
- Work with internal business partners to compile relevant information
- Perform ad hoc analysis including frequent requests from corporate
- Perform daily cash balancing
- Assist the rest of the finance team as needed with other areas such as PBC reports for audits, documenting and implementing company policies, and ensuring that proper accounting procedures are followed
- Keep the finance team informed of any issues
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Excellent self-review to ensure accuracy
- Motor coordination and finger dexterity required to manipulate calculator
- Office environment, use of computers and keyboards is frequent
- Ability to use personal computer software for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to handle high levels of stress
- Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Physical requirements – bending, kneeling, lifting up to 25lbs.
- Occasional travel to Wever, IA
- Valid driver’s license required.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience and Qualifications
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Public Accounting experience and CPA certification and/or MBA a plus
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within accounting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Self-motivated, able to perform with minimal supervision, results oriented
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, IFCo reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of EEOC regulations, if the employee cannot perform the essential functions of this position in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. Iowa Fertilizer Company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, color, veteran status, age, disability, sex, national origin or religion. We value diversity in our workforce and in the communities we serve.